Contributions are welcome, and they are greatly appreciated! Every little bit helps, and credit will always be given.
Types of Contributions¶
You can contribute in many ways:
Report bugs in the issue section of the repository on GitHub.
If you are reporting a bug, please include:
- Detailed steps to reproduce the bug.
- Any details about your local setup that might be helpful in troubleshooting.
Look through the issues for bugs. Anything tagged with “bug” is open to whoever wants to implement it.
Look through the issues for features. Anything tagged with “feature” is open to whoever wants to implement it.
We could always use more documentation, whether as part of the docs or in docstrings in the code.
The best way to send feedback is to file an issue on GitHub.
If you are proposing a feature:
- Explain in detail how it would work.
- Keep the scope as narrow as possible, to make it easier to implement.
Set up your environment¶
- Fork the upstream django-auth-adfs repository into a personal account.
- Install poetry running
pip install poetryor
curl -sSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/python-poetry/poetry/master/get-poetry.py | python -
- Configure poetry to create a virtual environment in your project folder:
poetry config virtualenvs.in-project true
- Install dependencies by running
- Create a new branch for your changes
- Push the topic branch to your personal fork
- Create a pull request to the django-auth-adfs repository with a detailed explanation